SensorTower: Top 1% of app publishers accounted for 91% of revenue in the first half of the year

time:2023-02-08 02:29:05 source:scripttoolbox.com author:Loudspeaker box
SensorTower: Top 1% of app publishers accounted for 91% of revenue in the first half of the year

IT House September 11 news, the latest report from Sensor Tower Store Intelligence shows that in the first half of 2022, the products launched by the top 1% of publishers in the App Store and Google Play have eaten the majority of the global share. Sensor Tower analyzed 900,000 game and non-gaming app publishers and found that 9,000 (1%) received a combined 72 billion installs (nearly 79%) on the App Store and Google Play, with the remaining 99% of publisher apps being independent installs The volume totaled 15 billion times, accumulating about 21% of the market download share. While these top publishers still account for the majority of downloads and revenue, the mobile market has become increasingly democratized this year, with the top 1 percent shrinking over the past three years, the lowest since 2019 Level. Among the top publishers, both Meta and Google have more than 1 billion downloads worldwide in the first half of 2022, a 92% difference from the third-ranked publisher. In addition, in the first half of this year, the number of mobile games that have been downloaded at least once There are 106,000 publishers, of which the top 1% of players share more than 79% of the global cake, and the remaining 99% of game publishers have less than 21% of the market share in this regard. In terms of revenue, it is even more exaggerated. The top 1% of the global app publishers (about 1,800) collectively account for 91% of total revenue, or about $42 billion; the remaining 183,000 companies share 9% of the market share, or $4 billion . Among them, among game and non-game publishers, Tencent topped the list with about $3.3 billion in revenue in the first half of this year, which was 153% higher than the second-placed ByteDance ($1.3 billion). ” and “PUBG Mobile” and other products that have dominated the list for a long time have eaten more than 7% of the global in-game purchase revenue. If you only look at the mobile game part, the top publishers have an even bigger lead in terms of market share. The data shows that the top 1% of game publishers ate about 93% of the revenue in the first half of this year, and about 460 game publishers realized a total of $27 billion in revenue. The remaining 46,000+ publishers account for 7% of the market, or $2 billion. Among them, Tencent's revenue in the first half of the year exceeded 2.6 billion US dollars, accounting for about 10% of all top game publishers' revenue.

(Responsible editor:Chassis)

Related content